Posts for tag: Eye Exam
How an eye exam from your eye doctor in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, can help protect your vision
Your vision is precious, and you want to protect it. There are many great ways to take care of your eyes, and one of the best is to have regular eye exams with your eye doctor
Dr. Lan O’Donnell at O’Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, provides a wide range of vision services, including regular eye exams to help protect your vision.
So, how often should you get an eye exam? Once each year is a great idea. You may need them more often if you suffer from eye conditions like glaucoma or macular degeneration.
Your vision can change and seeing your eye doctor once each year can help you keep current if you need vision correction.
The annual eye exam is also an excellent time to find out about all the latest trends in eyewear and contact lenses.
During your eye exam, your eye doctor performs several tests and vision exercises to determine if you are having problems with:
- Depth perception
- Peripheral vision
- Distinguishing color
- Eye muscle imbalances
- Tracking and focusing
- Eye pressure
- Structural issues with your eyes
There are many great ways to take care of your eyes, and regular eye exams are just the start. In addition, you should:
- Stop smoking
- Wear sunglasses outside
- Avoid harmful chemicals
- Wash your hands often
- Try not to touch your eyes
- Keep your contact lenses and glasses clean
Remember to wear eye protection when you play sports or are exposed to harmful substances which can damage your eyes.
O’Donnell Eye Institute offers many other services, including diagnosis and treatment of:
- Dry eyes
- Pink eye
To learn more about the importance of eye exams and how they can protect your vision, call Dr. Lan O’Donnell at O’Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach, FL. You can reach her in the office by calling (850) 622-4000. Protect your vision by calling right now.
When was the last time you had an eye exam?
Why do you need an eye exam at all if you can see just fine? Eye exams help your eyes doctor check for vision issues so visit your Santa Rosa Beach, FL, optometrists, Dr. Lan O'Donnell and Dr.Heidi Gonzalez of O'Donnell Eye Institute.
What Issues Could an Eye Exam Identify?
Eye exams are more than just figuring out if you need glasses or contact lenses. Your optometrist uses this opportunity to find out if you may be allergic to contact lenses if your eyesight has deteriorated or if you're suffering from a disease like cancer or glaucoma. Don't skip visiting your Santa Rosa Beach, Fl, doctors. Identifying issues in their earlier stages makes them easier to treat.
Types of Eye Exams
- Lifestyle Exams: The type of glasses you need depends on your work and hobbies, whether it's staring at a computer screen all day or planting flowers. Poor eyewear may lead to headaches and strained eyes. Your eye doctor may ask you if you spend a lot of time outside or if you wear goggles when you play a sport.
- Pediatric Eye Exam: Parents aren't always aware their children have a problem with their vision. Parents should ask teachers if their children are having issues seeing the board, screens, or frequently squint while reading. This will strain their eyes, cause headaches and, probably affect schoolwork and coordination. Make sure you take your child to visit the eye doctor to ensure there isn't a problem.
- Medical Eye Exam: A medical eye exam examines the health of your eyes to help treat or manage dry eye, glare, changes in colors, difficulty seeing close objects, and other issues or conditions like glaucoma, ocular hypertension, and macular degeneration.
Do You Need an Eye Exam?
You need to protect your eyesight. Regular eye exams can help keep you healthy. Call your Santa Rosa Beach, FL, optometrists, Dr. O'Donnell and Dr. Gonzalez of O'Donnell Eye Institute at (850) 622-4000 to schedule an appointment.
How an eye exam from your eye doctors in Santa Rosa Beach FL can protect your vision
If you want to protect your vision, having an eye exam at least once each year is an excellent way to start. Annual eye exams are important for everyone, especially as you get older.
Dr. Lan O’Donnell and Dr. Heidi Gonzalez at O’Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach FL offer comprehensive eye care services, including annual eye exams.
Why Get an Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach
An eye exam every year helps your eye doctor diagnose problems early, which leads to earlier corrective treatment and a better outcome for you.
During an annual eye exam, your eye doctor will screen for these common vision issues:
- Difficulties with depth perception
- Difficulties with peripheral vision
- Indicators of hypertension in your eyes
- Difficulties distinguishing color
- Problems with muscle imbalance
- Difficulties with tracking and focusing
Other tests included in your Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach are:
- Eye pressure testing, which can indicate glaucoma
- A structural evaluation of your eyes
The information gained at your annual eye exam is used to determine your vision correction prescription for glasses, contact lenses, or both.
An eye exam is an important part of taking care of your eyes, and there are other things you can do too. Remember to:
- Wear sunglasses
- Stop smoking
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes
- Keep your contact lenses and glasses clean
- Don’t forget to wear protective eyewear, especially when you play sports or do activities which may be hazardous to your eyes.
At O’Donnell Eye Institute, your eye doctors can help prevent eye problems with an Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach but that’s just one of the many eye care services they offer. They can also treat eye conditions like dry eye, pink eye, cataracts, glaucoma, and other eye problems.
Call Us Today For Your Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach
You deserve to enjoy great vision, and your eye doctor can help. To find out more about eye exams and additional eye care services, call Dr. Lan O’Donnell and Dr. Heidi Gonzalez of O’Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach FL at (850) 622-4000. Enjoy great vision by calling today!
Having trouble seeing what’s in front of your face? It might be time to see an eye doctor.
Everyone, no matter how great their eyesight is, should still visit our Santa Rose Beach, FL eye doctor every year for a checkup. After all, you may be surprised to discover how drastically your vision can change from year-to-year! However, there are a number of telltale signs that it’s time to schedule an eye exam, regardless of when your last one was. Some of these include:
Your night vision has changed
If you suddenly notice that it isn’t as easy to see certain road signs or cars at night, then it’s time to see your eye doctor. Often time, it isn’t until someone notices increased difficulty driving at night that they realize their vision has changed.
Signs of an infection
Another reason to visit an eye doctor may have nothing to do with your vision but more to do with certain other symptoms you are experiencing. If you are noticing redness, itching, or discharge emitting from your eye, you could be dealing with an infection. Don’t wait out an eye infection to clear up on its own—see your Santa Rosa Beach, FL, eye doctor as soon as possible for treatment.
Your eyes often feel tired
When you aren’t wearing the proper corrective vision, your eyes have to strain throughout the day to be able to read and process information. If you notice that your eyes feel fatigued for more than four days straight, there could be something more going on that requires immediate attention.
Things look fuzzy
This is probably the most obvious sign that your vision isn’t what it used to be. If you find yourself having trouble suddenly reading the words on a menu or in a book, it might be time for a new prescription.
Concerned? Schedule an appointment
If you are squinting to read signs and make out objects, then it’s certainly time to schedule your eye exam in Santa Rosa Beach, FL. Call O’Donnell Eye Institute today at (850) 622-4000 to book your next vision checkup.