How Often Should You Have an Eye Exam?
How an eye exam from your eye doctors in Santa Rosa Beach FL can protect your vision
If you want to protect your vision, having an eye exam at least once each year is an excellent way to start. Annual eye exams are important for everyone, especially as you get older.
Dr. Lan O’Donnell and Dr. Heidi Gonzalez at O’Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach FL offer comprehensive eye care services, including annual eye exams.
Why Get an Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach
An eye exam every year helps your eye doctor diagnose problems early, which leads to earlier corrective treatment and a better outcome for you.
During an annual eye exam, your eye doctor will screen for these common vision issues:
- Difficulties with depth perception
- Difficulties with peripheral vision
- Indicators of hypertension in your eyes
- Difficulties distinguishing color
- Problems with muscle imbalance
- Difficulties with tracking and focusing
Other tests included in your Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach are:
- Eye pressure testing, which can indicate glaucoma
- A structural evaluation of your eyes
The information gained at your annual eye exam is used to determine your vision correction prescription for glasses, contact lenses, or both.
An eye exam is an important part of taking care of your eyes, and there are other things you can do too. Remember to:
- Wear sunglasses
- Stop smoking
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes
- Keep your contact lenses and glasses clean
- Don’t forget to wear protective eyewear, especially when you play sports or do activities which may be hazardous to your eyes.
At O’Donnell Eye Institute, your eye doctors can help prevent eye problems with an Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach but that’s just one of the many eye care services they offer. They can also treat eye conditions like dry eye, pink eye, cataracts, glaucoma, and other eye problems.
Call Us Today For Your Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach
You deserve to enjoy great vision, and your eye doctor can help. To find out more about eye exams and additional eye care services, call Dr. Lan O’Donnell and Dr. Heidi Gonzalez of O’Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach FL at (850) 622-4000. Enjoy great vision by calling today!