Posts for category: General
How an eye exam from your eye doctors in Santa Rosa Beach FL can protect your vision
If you want to protect your vision, having an eye exam at least once each year is an excellent way to start. Annual eye exams are important for everyone, especially as you get older.
Dr. Lan O’Donnell and Dr. Heidi Gonzalez at O’Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach FL offer comprehensive eye care services, including annual eye exams.
Why Get an Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach
An eye exam every year helps your eye doctor diagnose problems early, which leads to earlier corrective treatment and a better outcome for you.
During an annual eye exam, your eye doctor will screen for these common vision issues:
- Difficulties with depth perception
- Difficulties with peripheral vision
- Indicators of hypertension in your eyes
- Difficulties distinguishing color
- Problems with muscle imbalance
- Difficulties with tracking and focusing
Other tests included in your Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach are:
- Eye pressure testing, which can indicate glaucoma
- A structural evaluation of your eyes
The information gained at your annual eye exam is used to determine your vision correction prescription for glasses, contact lenses, or both.
An eye exam is an important part of taking care of your eyes, and there are other things you can do too. Remember to:
- Wear sunglasses
- Stop smoking
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes
- Keep your contact lenses and glasses clean
- Don’t forget to wear protective eyewear, especially when you play sports or do activities which may be hazardous to your eyes.
At O’Donnell Eye Institute, your eye doctors can help prevent eye problems with an Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach but that’s just one of the many eye care services they offer. They can also treat eye conditions like dry eye, pink eye, cataracts, glaucoma, and other eye problems.
Call Us Today For Your Eye Exam Santa Rosa Beach
You deserve to enjoy great vision, and your eye doctor can help. To find out more about eye exams and additional eye care services, call Dr. Lan O’Donnell and Dr. Heidi Gonzalez of O’Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach FL at (850) 622-4000. Enjoy great vision by calling today!
Do you need eyeglasses or contact lenses? At O'Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, optometrists, Dr. Lan O'Donnell and Dr. Heidi Gonzalez, perform important eye exams for patients of all ages. They also provide the stylish eyeglasses you and your family need for the sharpest vision possible.
Who needs an eye exam?
The American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) recommends an annual medical eye exam for adults 40 and over. Additionally, your child's pediatrician should perform an eye chart exam beginning at age three.
Why should you get an eye exam?
Eye exams at O'Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, help determine if someone needs eyeglasses. Additionally, these simple tests screen for serious health conditions such as retinopathy, glaucoma, macular degeneration and more.
Additionally, when Dr. O'Donnell or Dr. Gonzalez perform a medical eye exam at O'Donnell Eye Institute, they observe indicators of their patients' overall health. It's said that eyes are windows of the soul, and in fact, they show us many other things about:
- High cholesterol levels
- Some forms of cancer
Types of eye exams at O'Donnell Eye Institute
- Lifestyle exam What's your daily occupation? Are you a sports enthusiast? Your optometrist will delve into your personality and lifestyle to understand what eyewear will give you the best protection, vision and wearability.
- Pediatric exam Our optometrists screen children from toddlerhood on up to detect astigmatism, nearsightedness, farsightedness, crossed eyes and more.
- Contact lens exam This exam determines how appropriate contact lenses are for your vision issues, age, occupation and more. The proper fit of these innovative lenses is critical to sharp vision and eye comfort.
- Medical exam Your optometrist in Santa Rosa Beach screens all her patients for medical issues such as glaucoma, retinal disease and more. For adults, she'll do an intraocular pressure test, dilated eye exam for the retina, and a slit lamp exam of the iris, lens and cornea at the front of the eye.
Everything you need for your eyes
Eyeglasses and more... Find them at O'Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach, FL. Call today for an eye exam appointment with Dr. Lan O'Donnell or Dr. Heidi Gonzalez: (850) 622-4000. Come in to see our wide selection of designer eyewear.
How your eye doctors in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, can help you see better
If you are having vision problems, you could be missing a lot! Fortunately, it's often easy to have your vision corrected so you can see the world more clearly. The answer is the right pair of eyeglasses! Here at O’Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, Dr. Lan O’Donnell and Dr. Heidi Gonzalez offer a full range of vision services, including an outstanding selection of glasses.
More about Eyeglasses
There are many reasons why you might need a pair of glasses. One of the most common is normal aging. After all, your body goes through a number of changes as you age, and so do your eyes. These are some of the common eye problems you may experience as you get older:
- Dry eyes, due to less tear production
- Needing a brighter light for working and reading
- Problems with glare at night
Age-related vision problems make it more likely you will need glasses, as your ability to see things up-close diminishes with age. This is a problem known as presbyopia, which results in a loss of flexibility to change focus viewing close up to far away. Presbyopia can be corrected with bifocal glasses, contact lenses, or surgery.
You may also need glasses if you have problems seeing things that are far away. This is a condition called myopia or nearsightedness. Myopia is caused by objects being focused in front of the retina, instead of directly on it.
The opposite condition, known as hyperopia, or farsightedness, means you can see things far away, though not close up. It’s caused by objects being focused behind the retina because of weak focusing ability.
Another common reason you may need glasses is due to astigmatism, which occurs because your eye is irregularly shaped.
So, how do you know if you need glasses? There are a few signs and symptoms to look out for, including:
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty with night vision due to glare
- Difficulty adjusting from dark to light
- Problems working on the computer
- Eye fatigue, strain, and frequent headaches
- Double, or wavy vision
- Seeing halos around objects
- Feeling pressure behind your eyes
If you notice any of the signs and symptoms listed above, the first step is to schedule an eye exam so that your doctor can determine a lens preceiprion. To learn more about how eyeglasses can help you see better, call Dr. Lan O’Donnell and Dr. Heidi Gonzalez of O’Donnell Eye Institute in Santa Rosa Beach, FL, today by dialing (850) 622-4000.
Welcome to the Blog of O’Donnell Eye Institute
O’Donnell Eye Institute would like to welcome you to our blog. Here you will find informative and useful postings about your health and our practice.
At O’Donnell Eye Institute we believe that educated patients are better prepared to make decisions regarding their overall health and wellbeing. Our blog was designed to provide you with valuable health care information, the latest medical developments and health advice from our dedicated team.
O’Donnell Eye Institute hopes you find our blog to be a great resource for keeping up to date with proper health care and treatments.
We welcome all comments and questions.
-- O’Donnell Eye Institute